Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Sunday, 22 November 2015

My Role Model

As a child, I saw very little of my Father. I would be off to sleep by the time he returned from office and my childhood revolved around my mother. As I grew up, I started seeing more of him and needless to say, understood him better.  He was a businessman and as with any other entrepreneur he breathed business day in and out. Still he would find time to take me and my brother to the beach on Sundays. Occasionally We spend time together at the movies. 

Even as a small boy I used to go to his office. That taught me basics of adult life even as a child. During my teenage I interned in his office as his assistant. That gave lot of insights into the business. But for him, I would have been more immature at that age. He was a good investor and I spent time understanding finance and stock market from him.

I was a very good student at college but in my third semester missed quite a few classes. I was short of attendance and went to my father for help as he has to meet my teacher so that they would allow me to write my exams.

He was a good listener of music. Right from young age, I also started taking keen interest in music. Slowly I picked up lot of tunes from him. When he was sixty, My father sold his business to be able to spend more time with family. That was when I moved abroad for work.

He was also my financial advisor and ensured that my accounts, investments were setup properly. We spent a lot of time together during my visits home. He grew older and weaker and his activities reduced over the last few years. Still I adore him and take his advice on everything I do.

Little while back when I was speaking to my father he told me about Lionel Messi being the global brand ambassador of Tata Motors. I have lot of respect and faith on Tata group of companies for their trust, authenticity, reliability, simplicity. I also adore Lionel Messi for his soccer capabilities. He is a winner and an icon, trust worthy, reliable and  I respect him a lot. I was very happy in them coming together and waiting to see the fruits of their association.

Contest for the readers of this blog:

Q: What do you think of Tat Motors' association with Lionel Messi? 

Please leave your reply  in the comments for a chance to win an Amazon Voucher.

Note: This blog is written for Tata Motors.