Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Real Togetherness

I still remember my school holidays 30 years back. My cousins and I used to meet in our grand parents house. We used to spend most of the days together playing, singing and sometimes have competition between us. Our entertainment were interrupted (only briefly) when my grandma calls us for Lunch or dinner. Fast forward to current generation. The children are always busy, do not have time to meet grand parents or cousins and even when they meet they are busy with their own friends on whatsapp or facebook (from their mobiles). I didn't realize how much we (adults) have changed over the years until I met my two brothers who came from different parts of the country a year back. Within 10-15 min after we got together, one of my brothers went to an adjoining room after he received a call from his colleague; Another was caught up checking his email and responding to the same from his blackberry. I was left alone for few minutes but soon caught up with messaging my colleague answering questions on Whatsapp. When we got together after few hours we realized the time we lost.

We, accompanied by our spouses, decided to remove the batteries from the phones and drive in my car to our village 2 hours away. Along the way, we discussed about our school days, friends and teachers during the drive. The next day, we went to the hillside about 2kms from the village to our favorite chaiwalla. We ordered our favorite tea and decided to trek for 500 m. There we met some of our old friends who have become big businessmen in the region. We helped ourselves to some bread toast with our favorite kissan jam and juice. From there we went to a bird park. It was summer time and the park housed a number colorful birds migrated from different part of the country as well as from neighboring countries across the ocean. It was the perfect location with enough entertainment but at the same time we were able to discuss our educational opportunities for our children, investments that we have made or planning to make.

In the evening we decided to barbecue at our backyard. We enjoyed the cool winds as our spouses barbecued green peppers and cauliflower. This along with the chapatis and vegetables that we brought on our way back made a great dinner. We realized that it was the first "real get together" after almost 3 years. We spent the following day visiting nearby farm, picking the ripe fruits and vegetables. The weather was pleasant as we finally paid for the produce and returned home. We cooked the vegetables and started back to my house. On the way we stopped in a park for a snack break. My brothers and their spouses started preparing for their journey home but we all realized this was the best break we all needed. We promised ourselves we will do this atleast once every year.

Note: This blog is written for Kissan.