Blog Adda

Friday, 15 May 2015

My Airtel - A model mobile App

These are the days of the mobile phones. Phones have taken over tablets and computers for 2 things. We all need phones to call our local friends and family. Since we carry phones in our pocket and they are becoming more powerful by the day, it is natural that all companies want us to have access to their apps on your phone. Some large companies have been bit slow to adapt and I was surprised Airtel has been bit slow to adapt.

When I heard of MyAirtel App, I decided to download and give it a try. Boy! Am I surprised? First I needed to have an account with Airtel. Fortunately my landline was with Airtel. I connected and started looking at the features.

It is a nice little user-friendly App. Even if you have never used a mobile App, I am sure you will be able to use the App as it is easy to use even for a layman. The best and probably most useful feature (in my opinion) I found in the App is the "I want to" menu option. It takes lot of clicks but steps you through the menus to select exactly what you want to do, one step at a time. It seemed interesting to me but I am sure people who are not used to mobile apps will find it easy to navigate. Once I did that, I had all information readily available, billed amount, unbilled amount, Pay History, Bill Summary and email bill.

The Second feature I liked is the Add option to add a new Airtel product to your account. This again walks you through step by step and allows you to enter any airtel product you use into your account. Simply put, it is a one stop shop to manage all your Airtel products, viz. prepaid mobile, post paid mobile, DTH, Fixed line and Broadband. If you have all these products, this app is very useful and you can see in a snapshot details from the app and make all your payments from the app. Gone are the days when you have to search mails (physical or email) for the due amount, due dates etc.

The third feature I liked is the Payment option. This provides the ability to recharge your Airtel numbers or pay your bill with several payment options like credit card, debit card, internet banking or even airtel money. The App says you can get discount coupons during recharge but this is the same trick used by other payment Apps like freecharge and paytm. Though this sounded interesting when I used it first time, I generally skip the coupons as mostly we don't end up using them.

MyAirtel is very useful for Airtel customers and easy to use even for a beginner, a model mobile app for the telecommunications industry.

Note: This blog was written for MyAirtel.

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: