Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Friday, 15 May 2015

My Airtel - A model mobile App

These are the days of the mobile phones. Phones have taken over tablets and computers for 2 things. We all need phones to call our local friends and family. Since we carry phones in our pocket and they are becoming more powerful by the day, it is natural that all companies want us to have access to their apps on your phone. Some large companies have been bit slow to adapt and I was surprised Airtel has been bit slow to adapt.

When I heard of MyAirtel App, I decided to download and give it a try. Boy! Am I surprised? First I needed to have an account with Airtel. Fortunately my landline was with Airtel. I connected and started looking at the features.

It is a nice little user-friendly App. Even if you have never used a mobile App, I am sure you will be able to use the App as it is easy to use even for a layman. The best and probably most useful feature (in my opinion) I found in the App is the "I want to" menu option. It takes lot of clicks but steps you through the menus to select exactly what you want to do, one step at a time. It seemed interesting to me but I am sure people who are not used to mobile apps will find it easy to navigate. Once I did that, I had all information readily available, billed amount, unbilled amount, Pay History, Bill Summary and email bill.

The Second feature I liked is the Add option to add a new Airtel product to your account. This again walks you through step by step and allows you to enter any airtel product you use into your account. Simply put, it is a one stop shop to manage all your Airtel products, viz. prepaid mobile, post paid mobile, DTH, Fixed line and Broadband. If you have all these products, this app is very useful and you can see in a snapshot details from the app and make all your payments from the app. Gone are the days when you have to search mails (physical or email) for the due amount, due dates etc.

The third feature I liked is the Payment option. This provides the ability to recharge your Airtel numbers or pay your bill with several payment options like credit card, debit card, internet banking or even airtel money. The App says you can get discount coupons during recharge but this is the same trick used by other payment Apps like freecharge and paytm. Though this sounded interesting when I used it first time, I generally skip the coupons as mostly we don't end up using them.

MyAirtel is very useful for Airtel customers and easy to use even for a beginner, a model mobile app for the telecommunications industry.

Note: This blog was written for MyAirtel.

Thursday, 7 May 2015

The New League

Two decades back, Kapil Dev from India and Imran Khan in Pakistan were the heart throbs of the young generation. Cricket always had its own attraction with some cricketers as popular as politicians. As Kapil mentioned in one of the videos, there wasn't much money in the game at that time but attraction was definitely there. As Kapil says in the video, this has changed now. These days there is lot of mentions, Yuvraj singh was signed up for 16 crores in IPL.

Kapil has not created a twitter id until recently. Obviously there is a reason why he has created the twitter account #EkNayiLeague. He mentions in the video that this new league is very difficult to win the new league. Of course cricket, like most other sports has become more competitive over the years. Coaches and other officials study the strength and weaknesses of opponent teams and play accordingly, be it field placing or brining on a specific bowler.  Kapil talks about the new league and that he would get a hit wicket if he plays the New League.

Kapil talks about how his mentor would never allow him to take retirement and beautifully told him "Kabhi  nahi Kabhi nahi". Though Kapil has spent lot of time as commentator, still retirement seems to be troubling him. Kapil also talks about Dhoni's upcoming retirement in the video. Kapil's pet name is bitoo and everyone likes to call him by his pet name even though he is a star.

Kapil and every cricketer we know of plays with his heart but Kapil says it needs more than a heart to play the new league. This is a special type of League. What this could be? I really have no idea. Could it be something that will rival IPL and ICL? It could very well be as I understand Lalit Modi, whose idea was IPL is also looking to create a rival. Can this be true? I do wish it is true. Is Kapil going to be the brand ambassador for such a League?

I always liked watching cricket and more so, when the people with lot of knowledge comment on the game and its proceedings. This always gives new insight. Whatever be the real reason for creating a twitter id now, I can feel something is really cooking up. May be Kapil and Lalit may join hands. May be not but it is going to be very interesting. I am also going to create a twitter id and follow #EkNayiLeague. Kapil is as charming as he was twenty years back and I am sure he can go on for another twenty years as an Administrator. The least I can do is to follow him on twitter and see what he is up to.

Note: This blog was written for Ek Nayi League.