Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Friday, 27 February 2015

How I upgraded my car!

Sunday morning, as usual I was enjoying my coffee with news paper. That was very relaxing after the hectic week when I heard my wife call out "When are we going to change the car. Tomorrow you will go to office and we will lose another week.". I told her few days back that I am planning to replace our 5-year old Maruti Esteem with a newer car.

I took my eyes off paper and looked at my children. They smiled and my son brought my laptop for me. Couple of months back I bought a Honda CB Twister for him from Quickr. We saw the Advertisement at 10PM on a Friday night and initiated a chat using Chat Now feature. The seller responded and by next day 8AM, we had test driven and purchased the vehicle, all within 12 hours.

I put aside my beloved newspaper and took my laptop instead and opened Quickr.com. By the time I logged into Quickr, my son was back with the pictures of our car from different angles. We knew exactly what we should do. I created a free advertisement, entered the car details and my expectations, uploaded the images and I was ready to go in just few minutes. Then I browsed Toyota Etios and Honda City (I always wanted to own one of these), identified few which looked like the best bets for my budget and clicked on Chat Now. I quickly left a note about the details I needed from the owners.

My wife again called out "Can you drop Gita (my daughter) to the dance class and buy rice from Big bazaar on your way back. We don't have any rice to cook for lunch.". I exactly know what to do in similar situation. Without uttering a word, picked up my car key and headed out to the dance teachers house with my daughter. On the way, my phone beeped. While dropping Gita, I stopped my car, found responses from two car sellers for my queries. One of them looked exactly what I wanted. I sent a message to the seller that I can meet him in 30 min and headed to the Bigbazaar 2 kms away. I received confirmation from the seller that he is available. So I quickly purchased 2 kgs of rice dropped it at home and went to meet the seller. It was a single owner car, well maintained and in good condition. After a test drive and checking the maintenance records, fixed the price and gave him an advance to hold the car while doing the formalities.

When I started the car, my Phone beeped again. This time the message was from a potential buyer who had seen my car Ad. He is in the same locality and wanted to know if he can swing by to see the car. I confirmed and When I reached home, he was there waiting for me. He took the car to a nearby mechanic. I went inside my house hoping lunch would be ready. Before I could finish lunch, the potential buyer returned with good feedback and wanted to buy the car. We negotiated the price and settled the advance. I went back to complete my unfinished lunch, satisfied that the transactions were complete before lunch.

Note: This post is written for Indiblogger's Get a better car with Quickr NXT! contest sponsored by Quickr. For additional information click here.

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Live The Life You Have Always Dreamed Of!

Just like everyone else, I have my own dreams, hopes, and aspirations about the way I want to live. Money, Talent and other raw materials are needed to achieve them. My biggest dream was to live my life with no constraints and nothing to hold me back! Wouldn't that be great? I lied down on my bed thinking what would be my life if there are no constraints to achieve what I want to achieve in life. These are the top 5 things I will do if I were Befikar Umar Bhar.

The first in my bucket list is to ensure a roof for all the people in the world. I will reach out to all the billionaires in the world and request them to aid to this worthy cause. If you really look at how the money is spread, it is just a few percentage of people holding most of the world's wealth. While I don't believe in communism, some amount reallocation of funds to provide the basics that people need (Shelter) will go a long way in improving peoples lives. I want limit to providing everyone just the shelter to ensure everyone has a reason to work and achieve their other goals in life.
The second in my bucket is keep my family healthy and happy. After all health is wealth. I want to ensure that I have enough insurance to ensure my family's survival even if something unexpected happens to me. I will ensure that each of my family members have Rupees five hundred thousand health insurance and life insurance of about a crore. This will remove the uncertainties in our lives. I will also propagate this information so that every person in the world is aware how to protect themselves from uncertainties in life.
My third in my bucket is to travel around the world with my wife and children. Travel and living outside your normal environment teaches lot of things. I have learnt a lot about the people's way of life and interaction during my stints abroad. Having an opportunity to spend a good amount of time in different parts of the world will be an eye opener for me and will also help me rid of many of my narrow mindedness.
My fourth aspiration is to see my 3 year old son become an entrepreneur and provide employment and life to thousands of families. By being an entrepreneur and manufacturing goods or providing services he will not only provide much needed employment but will also help improve country's GDP and standing among all the countries in the world.

My fifth aspiration is to embark on a spiritual tour with my wife when I am old. I want to give up all worldly things, build a small house where I want to spend my time with my wife. She has worked hard to bring up my child and the best I can provide when I am old is my attention to her.
My thoughts were disturbed by the sound of the calling bell. While I went to answer the bell, I was happy I had spent some time think about what I wanted in life.

Note: This post is written for Indiblogger's Befikar Umar Bhar contest sponsored by IDBI Federal. For additional information click here.

Sunday, 15 February 2015

Why I love my Valentine

"What do you want as your Valentine, Honey" That was from Tina. My thoughts wandered around our 4-year relationship. It was just last year that I took the courage and invited her to be my Valentine. Now we are married for the last 6-months and she is asking about my new Valentine. Bit surprised and amused why she is asking, I said "It's you, Darling.".

She was down-to-earth when she responded " I know that. Just thought I can get you something that you want to be your Valentine. No more girls, though".

I understood my limits now. Something Cool, Sexy and useful that will fit "My Valentine" stamp and should be something that can rival Tina to be my Valentine. I flipped to flipkart on my mobile device. I was looking for what should be my Valentine and why?

I was most impressed by Zenfone 6 for its 6" HD display.  I am firm believer that a phone is only as good as its display since I like to watch movies and play games on the go. I have seen the graphics in Zenfone and am truly amazed. I love the sleek design and the incredible HD resolution of 1280x720 pixels.

I travel a lot and I need a powerful battery to power my smart phone for a day or more. I am sure a 3300mAH battery that Asus Zenfone 6 comes with, has enough power to meet my expectations. With a 3G talk time of more than a day, I am confident I will be able to talk to my spouse after a had day at work whenever I am travelling.

I grew up looking at intel inside on desktops and soon became the minimum requirement for me to buy a desktop. Now isn't it sweet to see an intel inside of a mobile phone? Old memories may make me a bit nostalgic but definitely I like the power of 1.6GHz dual-core Atom processor with 2GB RAM which will go a long way in improving my gaming experience. This is the third reason why I love Asus Zenfone as my ideal valentine.

The fourth reason I love Zenfone is its camera. It has a primary camera of 13 megapixels which is better than my old digital camera. I can take nice pictures while travelling and share it with my family back home. The LED flash helps taking clear and sharp photos and videos even under low light situations and provides unparalleled low-light performance.

The fifth reason I love Zenfone is for its ZenUI and incredible different colours the back covers come with. ZenUI is highly functional, smart, intuitive and has a bunch of convenient features like tracking and managing my schedule, time etc. My Valentine, Zenfone 6 with Red back cover, was floating in front of my eyes when Tina broke my thoughts and said "Haven't you decided yet?". I silently handed over my mobile with Zenfone 6 in the cart to Tina and watched her taking care of the rest.

Note: This post is written for Indiblogger's Who's gonna be my Valentine contest sponsored by Asus. For additional information about models and cost click here.

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Why I prefer Chat over Phone Call

When I saw this Happy Hours contest, it got me thinking. I have been using Phone, Chat and Email for the last 20 years and more lately with eCommerce sites. I always had a strong preference for chat over phone call or email. Chat provides the advantage of near instantaneous response while protecting my identity. I explored Quickr.com which provides chat option for the sellers and buyers to communicate on their site.

I use email for official communications and when the message needs less interaction and both parties need not be available at the same time. However Phone and Chat are best to get immediate responses. Both require availability of both parties but offline Chat is more tolerant and allows the other party to respond at their convenience. Over the last few years many of the ecommerce companies have been providing Phone, online Chat and email options to contact their customer service and every time I used their chat facility since it provided dual advantage of instantaneous response along with clarity provided by written responses.
The primary advantage that Chat provides me is the clarity. Phone conversations are not always clear particularly while communicating with strangers or providing information like Order number, model number etc. In Chat you can type it in and the other person knows exactly what you are asking for and hence there is no misunderstanding. I don't have to worry if I heard the other person right as I can read and reread the text response. I can copy and paste product name, order number etc so that the other person can also understand and provide the correct information I am looking for.

The second reason I prefer chat over phone is the privacy it provides. I don't have to provide my phone number to a stranger nor can they find it in their call log. This way I am willing to initiate a contact even if I am only half-decided about buying the product. I will be able to get the details (more so if it is a used product) and make a more informed decision about the purchase before making it. Above all I feel secure in a Chat conversation with a stranger than in a phone call.
The third important advantage of Chat is the history it provides as well as the multi tasking capability. I exactly know what I asked for and the response I got with no ambiguity. If I have a doubt about what was communicated, the chat log will come in handy. Photos and images of products can also be shared in a chat. Chat provides me ability to multi-task. So while waiting for an answer in a chat, I can be browsing or taking care of other tasks I needed to do and return to Chat whenever needed. These are some of the key reasons for my preference to chat over making a phone call.

Note: This post is written for Indiblogger's Quickr NXT contest sponsored by Quickr. For additional information see their website.