Blog Adda

Monday, 29 December 2014

Melbourne - The most lively and livable city

Melbourne is a coastal city in the state of Victoria. I have heard a lot about Melbourne before I had a chance to visit Melbourne and that was more due to its cricket history. Besides Melbourne Cricket Ground, the next best attraction is the city centre with its spacious tree-lined streets and  trams running along them. City Centre has a number of malls including Central shopping centre and underground railway station. Federation square is a well known landmark hosting the city's official visitor centre and a hotel. The street art is wonderful and I have never seen anything similar anywhere else. I enjoyed the ancient style buildings and cultural experiences. All these contribute to why I fell in love with Melbourne. It is definitely the most lively and livable city in the world.

Another favourite attraction is the eureka tower which is almost 300 meters skyscraper located on the southern banks of Yarra river and provides a 360 degree view of Melbourne's Central Business District. State Library of Victoria is the central library situated in Melbourne and I was awed by its architecture, front lawns, collections and the reading rooms.

Apart from these Melbourne has lots of museums, theaters, zoo, Aquarium and so on like any other metropolis. You can get more information about sightseeing, hotels, accommodations etc from Tourism Victoria Website.

You can watch Come Alive in Melbourne videos.

Reader Contest: Please Answer and you could win a prize.

Which of these places do you would you want to visit in Melbourne and Why?

A. Melbourne Down Town
B. Federation Square.
C. State Library of Victoria
D. Zoo

Note: This blog was written for Indiblogger's indivine contest "What's your reason for falling in love with Melbourne, the most livable city in the world".

Great post! After reading your post, I’d most like to visit the Zoo for it’s scenic beauty, animals condominium. :P I love to see animal and observe their activities so it'd a great experience for me.

Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

A nice post covering minute detail of the scenic beauty of Melbourne i want to visit the Penguin Parade as these small, aquatic, flightless birds always amazed me and buildings, markets everything can be found every where , but these natural gift of nature are so rare and so beautiful . In short it will be heavenly experience

Wonderful post and interesting videos that make me feel that
Melbourne invites the eternal romantic in me to hold hands with my beloved and go see the Twelve Apostles .Go on long drives on the great ocean road. In the middle of nowhere in a vineyard spread a table and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine with my dear one. Enjoy the sunsets holding hands and do lots of shopping at the Queen Victoria Market and see all the graffiti being created at the hosier lane.
Great Post and interesting videos watching them I am sure to visit Sovereign Hill for spending some time in the era gone by. The lure of gold and panning for some nuggets is a temptation that is too much to resist. After I have found the gold I am bound to celebrate it with some wine so I will visit the vineyards and enjoy some great wine from the Yarra region .Visit the Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory and have my fill with this yummy delight.

MCG, the Australian mecca for cricket lovers. I would definitely like to be in Australia when either Indian team or the English team happens to be on tour, the nest time. Will be a memorable experience to watch the rivalry unfold right in front of my eyes, sitting right in the middle of MCG.

- Ranjith (

Interesting Post
After reading your post and watching all the videos
I feel I have stepped into a kaleidoscope called Melbourne
Where Vistas of experiences would unfold one after another
The nature lover in me is enticed by the thought of watching the penguin parade.
Traveling though the great ocean road, soaking up the freshness as the breeze ruffles my hair gets me in the mood to pack my bags for Melbourne.
But before I can move ,Puffing Billy whistles and invites me for a ride. The kid in me jumps with joy at the thought of visiting Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
Even before I can deside on the list of places that I would like to see in and around Melbourne.
What’s that noise that I hear ?
Oh its loud cheer from MCG as the cricket world cup 2015 is about to kick start.
So many plces to see and so much to do.
I am thetimetraveler ( ) and I have decided … Melbourne here I come ( )

After watching the videos of Rohan and Tanmay enjoying Melbourne, I am really feeling jealous of them and I would definitely love to visit the lovely places which they visited at least once in lifetime. Some of the amazing places which I MUST visit is listed below.

The one place which it caught my attention is "Seal Watching Cruise" which is just amazing and I would definitely love to visit the place once in a lifetime. The Seals are so cute to watch and lovely.

The next place which I really don't want to miss going is Penguins of Philip Island where those penguins does the parade. Its so so cute to watch them parading. Amazing view and excellent.

Next one which I don’t want to miss 12 Apostles from the Sky . Wow! What a breath taking scenes and It was definitely one in a lifetime experience to visit that place and enjoy the nature to the fullest.

I would definitely want to visit the Eureka Skydeck which is at breath taking height and I would feel like I am on 'Top of the World' for sure. Watching the view from that height is one is a life time experience for sure. God! Please grant my wish to visit Melbourne at least once in my life.

I would not want to miss visiting Panny's Amazing world of chocolate for that mouth watering chocolates and if allowed I would take a shower too in that 400 kg chocolate falls :) Wow, and I would definitely like to drink the liquid chocolate too.

One last place which I don’t want to miss is “Amaze’n Things ” which is a wonderful theme park for some fun and entertainment with my family.

Great post.Just loved your blog post. I am in love with driving and road trips, The Great Ocean Road is the ideal place for the people like me. I will surely visit that place in Melbourne and enjoy the sea shore, sunrise and gorgeous mesmerizing view.

Given a chance to visit Melbourne, I would absolutely make a run for Eureka Skydeck 88..Imagine the view of the city from such a great height of over 300 metres and while you are suspended in air in a glass box!
This is an experience not to be missed and I hope I get a chance to visit Melbourne and go explore Eureka Skydeck 88 soon :)
-Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

Being a person who loves to travel this place has struck my eye.
And here, Eureka Skydeck 88 is going to be first on my list.. i can just imagine the view after reading about it and i feel its going to be awesome.
Then the St. Kilda Beach,the long walk on the beach during the sunset will be just perfect.. And finding gold is also there.. :D
why not get my pockets filled with some tresure hunt..Laneways and Arcades is going to be the place to explore my "Lara croft" skills.. :D :D
Melbourne is going to be a great place to visit and enjoy a holiday..

My email id is
in case you decide me as a winner

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: