Blog Adda

Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Reading - My Passion

Ever since I was a child, I was very interested in reading, inspired by my mother. I have been missing my passion for last few years and this is the time to rediscover my Passion about reading. I read both Fiction and non-Fiction. In non-fiction space I am very interested in Human psychology. However I was buy last few years and got into the work, work, work culture. With my laptop pouring office emails, I have no time other than for responding to these mails.

I missed reading during these two years. I have decided to bring back my passion. In fact I have tried to do that for the last 3 months with no success. I loaded many of my favorite ebooks purchased from flipkart onto my laptop. But whenever I opened the book, pop comes an email - An urgent request for a proposal from my boss from US. Well he needs it before he leaves office in the evening which means an overnight task for me. My wife frowned at me staring at my laptop in the middle of the night. My children decided not to disturb me and went to sleep without uttering good night.

Well, this is not the life I planned for. I have to do something different to regain my passion and time to read 100's of ebooks that I am longing to read. At 2:30AM, I sent out the proposal to my boss and decided to close my laptop and lied down on the bed. Oops! Did I wake up my wife from her sleep. Feverishly I uttered a quick Sorry. But she smiled and as usual uttered I don't know how to manage my time. I hate these words and many times vented my anger on her when she said this. But today I am tired, not able to find time to read. I told her my short story. She listened to me patiently and then laughed. You should have told me earlier and I would have given a solution. I couldn't believe this. How can my wife give me a solution when I can find it myself for so many years? Little did I realize that solutions come from unexpected quarters.

She started reasoning out her idea... Did you realize that your manager was able to catch you at mid night only because you were using your laptop for your passion? Yes. It seems true. But then what will my boss do if has to submit a proposal and I am not available. My wife smiled and said I know he won't do it himself. But if you are not using your laptop at mid night, he will try to inform you by early evening. Then you can finish it by 9PM and still have some time for yourself and us. Then she got up and went downstairs and came back with the new years sale advertisement. Do you know that you can buy a tablet Micromax canvas Tab P666 with intel processor for a very reasonable price? She showed me the advertisement and I decided to take the new year resolution to buy it the next day and follow my passion sincerely. Good Bye 2014! Welcome 2015!

This post is written for indiblogger's happy hour contest courtesy Micromax Canvas Tab P666.

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: