Blog Adda

Friday, 21 November 2014

Touch - Tells it All Silently

It was a cold winter day in 2007 when the stock markets were ruling high before their eventual fall. My husband has been traveling lot spending less than a day in a month at home. The children were running around the house and outside unmindful of the weather. The schools are closed and managing them at home was getting on my nerves. I was very angry and shouted at the oldest that dinner is on the table and that he can take his brother and help themselves. I am retiring for the day as I was by then tired of managing these kids during the day. An hour later, I saw two shadows near my room. I knew it was my children and called out to them to finish their dinner and go to sleep in their room. But they did not move. I was angry and tired but still decided I need to get up and see what they are upto. When I got up from my bed, the older one creeped inside and switched on the lights. Their faces were muddy which again raised my temper until the younger one came and touched my hand. Oh God! what did I see there? I could see quite a few blisters and he started crying afraid I might shout at him. That touch, changed me. My anger melted by the touch of the cold chilly hand. I hugged him and asked why he didn't tell me about this earlier. He said it seemed to have started yesterday but was afraid to tell me since I may not allow him to play outside. But now it is hurting and he visibly regretted having gone out to play today.

I always keep some Parachute Advansed Body Lotion  handy and use them to keep my skin soft. I still remember the first day when I went out with my husband after marriage and he was surprised by the softness of the skin. I took my child to bathroom, cleaned him up and applied the lotion. He was feeling better and went to sleep. Next morning, needless to say, he was back to his old self again.

This blog is written for Indiblogger's Bring Back the Touch contest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: