Blog Adda

Saturday, 29 November 2014

Speakup and keep India Clean

The last 25 years Exnora has been striving for a cleaner and greener India led by its chairman M.B. Nirmal. Exnora solves environment issues and its operations involve street to street cleaning and composting of organic waste. Apart from exnora organic segregation of bio-degradable waste is done in homes in urns. This was first started in Bangalore. 

Open defecation is a major problem in India inspite of many public and portable toilets having been set up in many parts of the country. It is the duty of every citizen to feel proud of our open spaces and ensure that it is not defecated. The government and the socially responsible corporate should ensure availability of sufficient public toilets, dustbins, signs (like Do Not Litter, Use Me) as well as clearing of garbage to ensure clean and green India. Every Indian should have conscience to not litter or spit in public places. Government should take whatever action that is needed to ensure that public respect the fact that open spaces are shared with the rest of the population and no one has the right to defecate it.

Schools and Colleges take students out for cleaning our coastal areas on Weekends. This builds moral values in the children and when they grow up, they tend to be different from other elder citizens who did not think twice before defecating open spaces.

Normally Indian Politicians, including PMs and Presidents have so far turned a blind eye to this problem. Due to this, not much effort has been spent to increase the awareness among the citizens. Our current PM has been different. He has openly argued for cleaner India and has requested corporate and wealthy Indians to adopt villages and towns and support his Swachh Bharat campaign. Recently I received the invite from Ministry of Urban Development to join their Swachh Bharat circle. 

What better way to drive the concept into every Indian's mind than talk about it anywhere and every where? When the drive comes from the rulers, we also see increased interest from corporates. We all know that Pen is mightier than the sword. In my opinion our Vocal cord is stronger than the Pen. If every Politician, instead of asking for votes, had they appealed for the citizens to keep the environment clean, I am sure India would have been cleaner than Singapore. 

Strepsils has come up with a nice concept AbMontuBolega and has a website dedicated for the purpose.  Every time I get sore throat after a speech, I reach out to Strepsils which helps me recover quickly and be ready for my next speech. You can access their facebook and twitter pages for more details of their campaign. It is important that we speak up and be heard. We should speak out and make a difference. I am sure, we will see more changes in people's attitude in the next 5 years than the last 25 years.

Note: This post was written for Indiblogger's The Power of A Voice to Clean India contest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: