Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Saturday, 29 November 2014

Speakup and keep India Clean

The last 25 years Exnora has been striving for a cleaner and greener India led by its chairman M.B. Nirmal. Exnora solves environment issues and its operations involve street to street cleaning and composting of organic waste. Apart from exnora organic segregation of bio-degradable waste is done in homes in urns. This was first started in Bangalore. 

Open defecation is a major problem in India inspite of many public and portable toilets having been set up in many parts of the country. It is the duty of every citizen to feel proud of our open spaces and ensure that it is not defecated. The government and the socially responsible corporate should ensure availability of sufficient public toilets, dustbins, signs (like Do Not Litter, Use Me) as well as clearing of garbage to ensure clean and green India. Every Indian should have conscience to not litter or spit in public places. Government should take whatever action that is needed to ensure that public respect the fact that open spaces are shared with the rest of the population and no one has the right to defecate it.

Schools and Colleges take students out for cleaning our coastal areas on Weekends. This builds moral values in the children and when they grow up, they tend to be different from other elder citizens who did not think twice before defecating open spaces.

Normally Indian Politicians, including PMs and Presidents have so far turned a blind eye to this problem. Due to this, not much effort has been spent to increase the awareness among the citizens. Our current PM has been different. He has openly argued for cleaner India and has requested corporate and wealthy Indians to adopt villages and towns and support his Swachh Bharat campaign. Recently I received the invite from Ministry of Urban Development to join their Swachh Bharat circle. 

What better way to drive the concept into every Indian's mind than talk about it anywhere and every where? When the drive comes from the rulers, we also see increased interest from corporates. We all know that Pen is mightier than the sword. In my opinion our Vocal cord is stronger than the Pen. If every Politician, instead of asking for votes, had they appealed for the citizens to keep the environment clean, I am sure India would have been cleaner than Singapore. 

Strepsils has come up with a nice concept AbMontuBolega and has a website dedicated for the purpose.  Every time I get sore throat after a speech, I reach out to Strepsils which helps me recover quickly and be ready for my next speech. You can access their facebook and twitter pages for more details of their campaign. It is important that we speak up and be heard. We should speak out and make a difference. I am sure, we will see more changes in people's attitude in the next 5 years than the last 25 years.

Note: This post was written for Indiblogger's The Power of A Voice to Clean India contest.

Friday, 21 November 2014

Touch - Tells it All Silently

It was a cold winter day in 2007 when the stock markets were ruling high before their eventual fall. My husband has been traveling lot spending less than a day in a month at home. The children were running around the house and outside unmindful of the weather. The schools are closed and managing them at home was getting on my nerves. I was very angry and shouted at the oldest that dinner is on the table and that he can take his brother and help themselves. I am retiring for the day as I was by then tired of managing these kids during the day. An hour later, I saw two shadows near my room. I knew it was my children and called out to them to finish their dinner and go to sleep in their room. But they did not move. I was angry and tired but still decided I need to get up and see what they are upto. When I got up from my bed, the older one creeped inside and switched on the lights. Their faces were muddy which again raised my temper until the younger one came and touched my hand. Oh God! what did I see there? I could see quite a few blisters and he started crying afraid I might shout at him. That touch, changed me. My anger melted by the touch of the cold chilly hand. I hugged him and asked why he didn't tell me about this earlier. He said it seemed to have started yesterday but was afraid to tell me since I may not allow him to play outside. But now it is hurting and he visibly regretted having gone out to play today.

I always keep some Parachute Advansed Body Lotion  handy and use them to keep my skin soft. I still remember the first day when I went out with my husband after marriage and he was surprised by the softness of the skin. I took my child to bathroom, cleaned him up and applied the lotion. He was feeling better and went to sleep. Next morning, needless to say, he was back to his old self again.

This blog is written for Indiblogger's Bring Back the Touch contest.

Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Getting Lucky has never been this easy - Lucky 6 or Really?

Fatcat or CheatCat? SMH Entertainment Limited which owns the FatCat game is a cheat company. They promised bloggers 110 Shares worth Euro 100 encashable end of June 2015 but never kept their end of the deal.

So FatCat became a CheatCat.
Boycott the App and the company that owns it.

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Toilet for Babli

About 6 years ago, in the summer of 2008, I was travelling with an American in Chennai. We were proceeding towards Mahabalipuram and for a while there was complete silence in the car. He broke the silence and to my surprise asked me what one thing I would do if I were the prime minister or president of India. Frankly the question came unexpected and my mind was searching for an answer. Lot of ideas came to my mind, and then I zeroed in one .... I will ensure a roof for every Indian. He said it was a noble idea but considering the expense involved that may never happen and there is something which is more Urgent and easier to achieve.

It was my turn to probe and I asked him the same question and pat came the reply "I would do whatever it takes to stop people from using the open space as toilet. Needless to say, I was taken aback, I knew it was true but couldn't accept the statement when it came from a foreigner. I recovered my thoughts and told him that it was truly noble, probably toilet is more important than a roof over the head. I explained that homelessness is the main problem and many who have a roof still do not have a toilet in the house. If it was tough for a man, imagine the state of woman.

The conversation continued while the driver was busy driving us towards Mahabalipuram. Suddenly he shouted "Look there" and on the side of the highway we saw a man parked his scooter on the side and defacating in the open. My friend continued, awareness is also important and People should not want to do it in the open. Unless that happens, toilets even if built, will remain under-utilized. Yes, I agree, we should do whatever it takes, be it building more toilets, Heavy fines for the people who defacate public space or a combination of both, we should hold a stick and a carrot to ensure the practice stops.

Now fast forward to 2014. Neither of us could become the Prime Minister of India but we have elected a Prime Minister who is not ashamed to talk about it openly. What better way to increase the awareness than discussing it openly. He views are supported by many corporates and leaders whom people consider as role models in making this dream a reality. I am now confident when I meet my friend next time, I should be able to say "It no longer happens in India".

You can bring about the change in the lives of millions of kids, thereby showing your support for the Domex Initiative. All you need to do is “click” on the “Contribute Tab” on www.domex.in and Domex will contribute Rs.5 on your behalf to eradicate open defecation, thereby helping kids like Babli live a dignified life.

This blog was written for indiblogger contest "Toilet for Babli".

Monday, 10 November 2014

A Healthy child makes a happy home...

About 10 years ago my daughter was just 10 years old. She was an active girl, made lot of noises and kept the house lively. We even used to scold her for all noise she was making but suddenly started falling sick often. On several occasions, we received calls from school asking us to pick her up early from school as she was not well. At other times she used to be very normal and healthy. The whole house will look so noisy and healthy when she was healthy. The same house seemed sick and was worse than a graveyard when my daughter was sick. When this started happening every week, we knew she is suffering and needed help but not sure how to help her.

Our thoughts wandered few years back when our daughter was about six years old. We were in US at that and planned to travel to India in a weeks time. She was running around the house playing with other children happily till we heard a sudden scream. When we went to see what happened, there she was with a bleeding forehead. She had fallen and a stone had hurt her forehead. The whole house became silent as we realized the situation and had to plan what to do next. We called the insurance call centre who listened to us patiently and suggested the nearest hospital we can take her to. On reaching the hospital doctor attended to her and put some stitches. When we came back home we were all exhausted but the smile on the child's face energized us. Four years after this incident, we are now worried about her heath again.

We talked to many of our friends who had children of similar age. This is when one of our neighbours suggested we take her to Haematologist.   Fortunately for us, there was a good Haematologist nearby and we decided to give it a try. We took her on a Saturday for an examination. This followed some blood tests and we were really worried about her health. Based on the test results the doctor prescribed some medications and soon she was feeling better.

Couple of our friends also told us that this was an immunity issue. They knew many people who got over similar health problem by using an age-old formulation using a number of herbs called Chyawanprash. They argued that while medication may have helped her get over her immunity problem for now, she still needs to build her immunity so that she doesn't fall sick she has been for some time. We researched how this all-natural Chyawanprash can help our daughter have a illness free future. We gave her Chyawanprash for few years by which time her immunity was back to normal. What can be better than seeing your child healthy?

This blog was written for indiblogger contest "A healthy child makes a happy home"