Blog Adda

Early Childhood pampered by our parents

This is the time we don't understand the value of money and more often than not, we are also pampered by our parents and relatives.

Education - Key to success

We continue to live on our parents efforts but build a foundation for our career. Education and Graduation dependent on individuals interest and affordability.

We have started earning after graduation!!

Well, we are less dependent on our parents, now that we have started earning. Starting a family and Pampering our children is part of this phase.

Older we are, Wiser we get

We get older, children start schooling.Time to think about loan payments, savings for retirement, we earn, spend on necessities and we save the rest.

Finally the day has arrived and start enjoying retirement

Retirement reduces our needs but not expenses. The extras that we saved supplement the social security and pension and keep us flying till the END!!.

Monday, 9 September 2013

The future of Shopping

It was a sunday afternoon. My husband had taken the children for a swimming session. It was a nice feeling, home alone, as I relaxed on the sofa.

My eyes fell on the calendar, wow today is 14th Jan 2030. How did I forget to send sankranti gift to my bro? I swiped the universal remote in my hand and pulled out the virtual keypad. And this virtual key board will send what I type to the computer in the next room and I can see the computer screen on the wall. Few key strokes and i could see that I have shopped in ebay the most, Rs 5 Lakhs in the last 6 months!!

Tapped on ebay and to my surprise I have bought last year gift for my bro in ebay. I love these new features, any item I check, it automatically shows the lowest price in ebay for the item. Ebay already has my ewallet and hence I don't have to go through the payment screens. I just select an item and say ship, enter a code and I am done. In the next couple of days my bro will be getting a nice single seater car. 

I just couldn't believe that 20 years back, I was entering the credit card numbers, secondary authentication codes etc for every purchase. We even in those days ebay had a google chrome bar and provided automatic updates on ebay prices for any product anywhere on the net directly on chrome bar. You can download the extension from this link.

Note: This blog post has been written specifically for ebay indiblogger "The future of shopping" contest.