Blog Adda

Friday, 18 May 2012

Online shopping

There are lot of online shopping websites have come up recently in India. I am surprised if all of them get enough business to survive? While the cost structure enables online shops to work with lesser profit margin, they do have postal charges that traditional brick and motor shops do not have. Some thing blows my mind off. For example, indiaplaza offers free shipping of books. While that is normally expected, I can understand their logic of shipping a Rs 15/- book free. Wouldn't they spend more than Rs 15/- for shipping itself? some sites have minimum purchase amount to qualify for free, which is understandable.

With the increase in online shopping there has been an increase in coupon sites (sites that store discount coupons). Though they may not always be reliable, the offers are posted by users of the site for the benefit of everyone. This is something I would not have imagined 10 years ago.

India has also seen a rise of groupon type sites recently. We need to wait and see, if there are mergers (already flipkart has bought Letsbuy) that will reduce the number of players.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide your valuable comments below: